Monday, July 6, 2009

Hello World!

“Who am I? What am I doing here?”

I'm not talking about existential philosophy (at least not now). These are practical questions.

I am a 20-year-old male from the North Bay region (Santa Rosa-Sonoma-Napa-Fairfield, CA). For no good reason, I'm not comfortable giving out my real name. My initials are "GJW", if you care.

I'm here for the simple reason that I need somewhere to "vent" and to give my ideas an audience (please let there be an audience). I write a lot, and have some stories/ideas that need a place to be "published" before my head explodes.I don't like to get halfway through a blog only to find that I'm reading someone I absolutely don't agree with, as I get annoyed easily, so I'll be straightforward with you: I'm a liberal blogger. I'm sure you must be shocked.

I’m a fan of Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow, though I seem to be the only liberal who is willing to admit that MSNBC has a bit of a “bias”. So does everyone. You have to read/listen to/watch multiple sources to find the truth. That said, I can’t watch FOX long enough to get anything out of it. I’ve stopped trying. In any case, the Republicans have had FOX for 13 years, so the Dems should be allowed their own network, too.

I've been political my entire life. When I was 7, my mom took me to the Democratic HQ in town and I got a Bill Clinton button. I still have it. Later, my mom let me punch out the card for Clinton, and for other 1996 office-seekers I don't remember. I’m a progressive in regards to most everything.

I'm also very religious, a Christian who is fed up with churches that are fronts for the Republican Party. And I am fed up with churches doing the bidding of corporations and the wealthy. I believe that every religion has a view of the Truth, though I have faith that my religion has the best picture. I do not read the Bible literally.

I’m attending a local community college and will transfer to a CSU next spring. I am very interested in statistics and will likely become a stats major, with a minor in polisci or history. I have, if I may say so myself, extensive knowledge of American history, especially Presidents. My favorites are the ones between Jackson and Lincoln, though only because they’re usually passed over by historians. I believe Andrew Jackson was our least mentally stable president, though from a fictional standpoint I think he’d be a joy to write. Chet Arthur is probably my overall favorite.

I still live with my parents, though I’m not blogging from their basement. I’m in the attic, which is of course entirely different. There are five cats and two dogs in this house, though only one—a cat, Maggie—can be called “mine.” Of course, being a cat, she really owns me.

In this blog you'll find my thoughts on politics, religion, and other subjects, usually with a dose of humor (at least, I hope you all find it funny...). I don’t know how often I’ll post or what I’ll post, but I hope that I’ll be able to do it frequently.

In the meantime, enjoy the blog!

Verbose

(Can you see why I’ve given myself that name?)

No comments:

Post a Comment